Fantastic news! The GDC Vault has posted this year’s workshop online – so in addition to reading what other people had to say about it or gazing longingly at some fantastic snapshots from the session – you can watch it for free right here!
Here are the games you will see (not necessarily in this order):
- Jason Rohrer – The Castle Doctrine
- Sun Park, Jongmin Jerome Baek – 6180 the moon
- Pohung Chen, Jason Meisel – Perspective
- Marc Ten Bosch – Miegakure
- Michael Brough – Glitch Tank and other Experimental Multiplayer Games
- Richard Evans, Emily Short – Versu
- Michael Molinari – Soundodger
- Itay Keren – Mushroom 11
- Kevin Cancienne – Plus Gun
- Ezra Hanson-White – Memory of a Broken Dimension
- Eric Zimmerman – Presentation of his work on Architecture in Games
- Kaho Abe – Hit Me & Ninja Shadow Warrior
- Margaret Robertson, Adnan Agha – Searchlight
- Alexander Martin, Ryan Roth – Starseed Pilgrim
- Ben Esposito – Kachina
- Henry Smith – SpaceTeam
- Keita Takahashi, Ricky Haggett – Tenya Wanya Teens
- Brenda Romero – Discussing the analog game
“Mexican Kitchen Workers”
This year’s session was packed – and we’re so glad that we can share it with you even if you didn’t make the presentation in person. We’ve already begun planning for next year and incorporating some of the amazing ideas/suggestions about future versions of EGW we have already received in light of this year’s “challenge”. We will announce plans for next year (including an exciting new sister-session) as they become official.
In the mean time – keep on truckin. We look forward to seeing what 2014 has in store for game experimentation!!